JOIN A COMPANY THAT VALUES AND REWARDS EXCELLENCE
YOU'LL FIT RIGHT IN
Why Work For HAYS?
Join one of the fastest growing staffing companies in the U.S. As one of the largest global recruiting firms, you can take pride in providing the best service to our clients and candidates. On top of that, you’ll work with great people in a fun atmosphere.
Our Commitment to You
Total Rewards: We offer a competitive base salary + industry leading commission plans, 401k with matching, ESPP, 10 paid holidays and unlimited PTO and flexible benefit plans to meet your unique personal needs, including 100% company paid employee medical plan option.
Learning & Development: Our employees receive cutting-edge training throughout all levels of your career at Hays, including trips to our U.S. headquarters in Tampa for new hire training, advanced and master level skill enhancement, emerging leader and advanced leadership development. .
Career Progression: You’ll have a clearly defined career progression path based on meritocracy, not who you know. You control your destiny.
Our Culture: Our world-wide reach allows us to work with clients across multiple countries, opening doors to unparalleled opportunities. Within our offices, we support one another and celebrate successes together. We are also dedicated to helping others through our charitable work within our communities.
Passionate About People – Ambitious – Expert – Insightful – Innovative – Do the Right Thing
Business Development Director Overview:
- Responsible for selling new National Accounts ($20mm + in spend in single or multiple markets (Life Sciences) and the ability to have 20+ contractors on billing)
- Partners closely with internal leadership and delivery partners
- Drive Net fee growth through new logo acquisition within a specific target list within a prescribed market
- Leverage account scorecard to minimize wasteful, not productive prospect pursuits
- Add meaningful targets to the pipeline (following a very specific profile)
- Proactive pursuit of learning the Hays story and breathing the Hays’ story to life in customized way to each prospect environment
- Strong executive presence and presentation skills
- Ability to sell at the Director, procurement, VP, SVP and “C Suite” levels
- Leverage technology and strategic account planning
- Attend and actively participate in regularly set pipeline and delivery calls
- Accountable to meeting activity, pipeline management, net fee quota and strategic account mapping protocols
- Ability to forecast accurately
- Consistent collaborator, ability to conduct the sales pursuit process while bringing SME’s, delivery partners and other key stakeholders to the table
- Brings challenges and obstacles forward quickly with an open mind and collaborative spirit toward resolution
- Leverages data and facts internally to solicit investments in delivery, obstacle removal and resources
- Maintain awareness of market trends, competitive landscape and industry changes.
- Attend conferences and events for business development and industry knowledge purposes
- Maintain relationships with target company executives
- Drive “service delivery” mentality through Managers and teams to ensure key activity standards are in place
- Support and comply with company policy
- Keen ability to identify customer needs and drive a relentless pursuit of solving those challenges with the right solution at the right time
- Stays current on industry information and best practices. Share knowledge and information appropriately.
- Effectively downstream key messaging and strategic responsibilities /activities
- Foster “One Hays” to re-enforce brand internally and externally
- Networking internally and externally. Participate in professional associations where relevant.
- Continued personal investment in your growth, via Career Review, PDP and seeking out opportunities to develop self and gain feedback
- Min. 5-8 years in strategic selling
- Strong solution selling experience
- Thorough understanding of industry sales methodologies (i.e. Sandler, The Challenger model) preferred
- Extensive forecasting and pipeline knowledge; financial acumen
- Proven track record of closing business within the fortune 1000
- Ability to work in Enterprise and vertical selling environments
- Provide market insight and industry awareness
- Proven history of selling into high level, large scale, complex clients with VP and C level decision makers
- Ability to function as a true partner with peers throughout the organization; someone who possesses the balance needed to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Presentation skills
- Process and technology rigor
- Rapport and relationship building skills both internally and externally
- Flexibility to work in an evolving and growing organization
- Strong ability to advocate for the customer, process and front-line heroes
- Ability to communicate, present and negotiate at all levels
- Innovation and creativity
- Results driven
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Problem solving, organizational and planning skills
- Knowledge of the internet and how to maximize sales opportunities
- Business plan and report writing skills
More about Hays
We are the world’s leading recruitment experts. We the world’s leading recruitment experts. Last year we placed 81,000 people in permanent jobs and over 254,000 people into temporary roles globally. We employ over 11,500 recruiting experts in 33 markets, with opportunities for growth, leadership and travel.
We enjoy an exclusive global partnership with LinkedIn and are recognized as the most socially engaged recruitment firm with over 2 million followers.
We are rapidly expanding our footprint across the USA, so there’s lots of opportunity to make your mark in your local market, move to a new city or country.
Life at Hays
Hays Invests in YOU
What We Offer
Hays Glassdoor Reviews
Hays Career Advice Video Series
Hays is committed to building a thriving culture of diversity that embraces people with difference backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences. We are an equal employment opportunity employer, and we comply with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity), age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, HIV-positive status, as well as any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we serve our candidates, clients, and employees.